Thursday, April 21, 2011

Proud of Jess!



Everyone needs to find time to head over to the Tippets Gallery at USU to see the senior exhibit for the interior design students. Now all the graduating seniors have impressive work displayed, but one stands out above the rest.
I am so proud of my beautiful and smart wife and the hard work and long nights she has dedicated to graduating this May with a bachelors in interior design. I loved watching her work on all her projects and see her create amazing designs and spaces. She has so much talent and drive to complete such a difficult major. She truly is the one with the brains in our marriage. She is graduating Suma Cum Laude and received an Outstanding Senior Award in her graduating class.
I am jealous of her and how she always knew what she wanted to do and study in college. That is something that I still have not been able to pin point in my life.
I have entered into sales because I knew that when I convinced Jess to marry me I had a true skill. I enjoy what I do, but while watching Jess design furniture, homes, corporate headquarters, and other incredible areas I have found a true appreciation for the arts and design.
I look up to her so much! She has taught me so many things, and even after spending long nights at the studio she still finds time to work hard at Serendipity, spend some time with me, and make me smile. I cannot wait for her to graduate so instead of long nights at the studio, we can have date nights in SLC, camping trips to amazing landscapes, cuddle on our couch, and embark upon many other journeys! It's scary for her to think of what comes next after school, I was there at one point too. It will be a new thing for her to just be able and enjoy the moment rather than always having in the back of your mind due dates and check lists of what needs to be done for class projects.
It will be an adventurous and interesting time for us, but I am totally exited to see how it unfolds!


4 comments:

Bec and Dave said...

Congrats Jess!! Good luck with any future plans!

Mike and Jess said...

My dearest husband....I love you very much! Thanks for this surprise post on the blog. A few corrections though...I am graduating Magna Cum Laude which is def not as prestigious, ha ha. Thanks for all you do for me! I couldn't have done it without you.

Love is spoken here said...

Cute post. Congrats, Jessica. Beijos

Anonymous said...

congrats...it really is a difficult and time-consuming major! i'm sad i missed the exhibit.
hope you guys are doing well.