Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Summer's Heating Up!

Since my last post, I have decided to have a better attitude towards my situation and make the best of what I'm dealt with. So with all of the extra time I have had doing nothing, I have made an effort to clean my house, exercise more and get back into the shape I want to be, think about wanting to learn how to cook (I am starting today, by picking recipes I like and going to the store to get groceries for the week), catch up on some reading, and finding a job.

I start each day with a personalized to do list...and try my best to stay busy all day! Its been working, and instead of moping, I've been getting a lot done.

Since I have not posted any pictures from the end of my internship till now, I will do so with subtitles of what I have been up to lately!

Warning: Lots of pictures ahead!

The Aria - The beautiful hotel room we stayed in after 5 Weeks of not seeing each other!

It was gorgeous and we definitely had so much fun!


We got all dressed up for a night out on the town.


Then we ate at one of my favorite places - Serendipity 3



Their frozen hot chocolate is to die for!

We finished up the weekend with a family reunion in St. George
We hiked to see the Grand Canyon -Gorgeous and oh so windy!


We had some family photos done - The 3 girls!

The whole fam damily! (aunts & cousins visiting from Brasil)
Mike and I

Snow Canyon Hike


That orange blob on me is my baby niece I carried all the way in.

Olivia's Baby Blessing
Brasil World Cup Game


The fans!
Big Screen


The girls in LA - day before we left - Dockweiler BeachLast Day at Kelly Wearstler - Kwang Wei & Leana (architect & designer)

Kelly & I - She made sure we took this picture full body so you could see our shoes...so funny!
She also gave me a signed book and thanked me for my work there. I had a great experience.

Fourth of July weekend with the Watts'!
Sitting around the fire roasting 'mallows

Waiting for the Cache Valley Cruise-In to start!
I named this one the Barbie Mobile


Bear Lake Fun

So here comes a story. On sunday at church our ward announced that at the end of the month they would be holding a mini biathlon for fun. The biathlon included a 2 mile run followed by a 6 mile bike ride. I told Mike about it and said I might want to do it. He laughed and said, "you could never finish that." I told him I could do it today without even training, and he bet me $100 bucks that I could not even finish the run. Well with a lot of egging on from Watts family members and my desire to spite him, it was on! The rules were 2 mile run followed by a 6 mile bike in under an hour!
Leslie set out the track. It would be a one mile in on the River walk and one mile out, then she tracked a 6 mile bike round through neighborhoods and windy roads to keep us out of busy streets. Amy & Charlie decided to help me along and ride with me for support. I had lots of cheerleaders! Mike couldn't believe I was actually going to do it without any training at all and after 2 months of eating Junk food in LA and not doing an ounce of exercise.
Monday morning I woke up bright and early and we all headed down to see what would happen.

Amy & I stretching before our 2 mile run! (No I am not an amputee, streching...)
Finishing 2 miles after about 25 minutes. (I was kind of regretting it all at this point, legs were Jello and I could barely keep up with miss marathon runner Amy)
6 Miles on a bike. I have never in my life ridden a rode bike, and definitely not for that long.
The conclusion of our race - 45 minutes!
The award ceremony - mike presenting me with my $100 dollar check!
(All done at McDonald's of course, breakfast of champions!)
I'm sure he was eating his words right about then, but I bet he'll never challenge me again, My competitiveness overcomes all pain!

Mike and his new barbecuing technique. Skewer in Fire pit. It was actually pretty good.

4 comments:

the meg said...

I wish I had the stamina to run and ride in a race (and actually complete it). Congrats to you Jess, that really is awesome!

Love is spoken here said...

Oi Jessica, eu ja tinha escrito ra vc, mas nao sei se vc viu. Mas, eu estou acompanhando o seu blog, ta? Visita o meu tbm apesar de nao ser tao lindo quanto o seu :)
Beijos

Love is spoken here said...

So agora eu vi que vc ja tinha me dado o seu e-mail. Vou te add agora :)

Tyler and Megan said...

Ha ha ha...I know all too well what you will do for 100 bucks! Way to go Jess!