Thursday, May 14, 2009

A Bunionectomy = Vacation?

The Yes and No feet. They had me write which foot was getting work done so they didn't do the wrong one!


So If you think I've just been laying around these whole four days after a bunionectomy, you are probably right. I have been. But here are some shots of my grand old time in the Premier Research housing for healing patients. haha. and torture.

I've been pretty bored, so I've watched every season finale on tv, which have been many. The first one was the Dancing with the stars semi-finals. Where Ty and Chealsea got kicked off, leaving my 3 favorites for the finals, Shawn Johnson, Melissa

(from the bachelor), and the very very very sexy Gilles.
24 was also amazing and very intense as always.

Then tuesday brought the 3 hour season finale of The Biggest Loser, and guess what? i totally called it. Helen won and I knew she'd win. She looked so skinny!!! It was amazing season, everyone should go checkout the before and afters. AMAZING!!! Jerry, the oldest contenstant won the at home proze of $100,000 dollars because he lost 45% of his original body weight and he's 74! He was only on campus for 2 weeks,and the first day he passed out in the gym. What an inspirational story.

Then weddnesday brought the best Finale's of the seasons. America's Next Top Model and LOST! Wow, both very amazing. ANTM was in my hometown of sao paulo, brazil with a fantastic runway show an photoshoots. Teyona won, and I was a little disappointed since Alison kind of grew on me, but they were both beautiful. I can't even begin to explain LOST, because that's what I was, LOST. It was crazy and intense as always, and with the drugs I was on, it was even crazier. HA!

Today is the office finale, which i'm stoked for, then parks and recreation! Since I couldn't walk for 36 hours after surgery, I stayed busy with my tv shows, but i also kep busy eating yummy food from Kneaders Bakery and any snack you could ask for.

Anyway, I can't say its all been gumdrops and roses, a bunionectomy is pretty painful. but I have lots to look forward to going home to such great friends and family who have been supporting me all along! Love you guys!!!

3 comments:

Jaymie said...

Hey Jess :) I was bored on facebook and your status popped up on my homepage with your blog address on it so i decided to add you and mike as one of my "friends" :) ha. Now we can be blog buddies.. mine is jaymieandmark.blogspot.com - im sorry about your surgery! that sounds like NO fun! :(

Natalie said...

Hey guys!! Your house looks great. Jess- I hope you are feeling better, that looks pretty painful. I hate to tell you this, but you may want to rethink your footwear from now on. Love you guys!

Martha said...

Sorry you had to have surgery :( But I guess since you got to watch so much tv and lay around I don't feel too bad for you-only joking :) And I totally saw the before and after pics of The Biggest Looser and I can't even believe some of the changes!