Sunday, February 15, 2009

V-day Recipes

Well I must confess I (Mike) am a pretty good cook. I must get that from my mom or maybe even my dad, my dad is famous for his pot roast and pancakes. Jess and I have been trying out lots of new recipes, here they are if your interested. 


Mexican Ceviche
2 pounds shrimp
1/2 pound white fish
1 lemon
3 limes
1 diced tomato
1/2 white onion
1/2 green sweet pepper
1/2 jalapeno
1/2 chopped cilantro

serve in bowl, eat with tortilla chips

Meat Marinade
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup finely chopped green onions
2 tbsp. water
2 tbsp. brown sugar
1 1/2 sesame oil
1 tsp. minced garlic
1 tsp. fresh ginger
1/4 tsp. pepper 

Meat Dipping sauces
Herb sauce
1 cup butter or margarine
2 tbsp. lemon juice
1/4 fine herbs blend
dash hot pepper sauce

Barbecue dipping sauce 
1 tbsp vegetable oil
3 tbsp onion
1 garlic clove 
2 cups chili sauce
1 teaspoon dried mustard
1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
1 tbsp brown sugar
1 tbsp lemon juice
2 tbsp water
red pepper flakes

Tarter Sauce
1/4 cup mayo
2 tbsp chopped green onions
2 tbsp drained sweet pickle relish
1 tbsp fresh parsley
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp fresh tarragon

0 comments: